95. Excel Tips - Insert Alternate Blank Lines
Here's a tip on how to insert alternate blank lines in about 20 seconds.
We have this:
And we want this:
- In the top cell to the right of your data type 1 (E8 in our example)
- In the next cell type 3
- Select the 2 cells, and double click on the small black square at the bottom right of your selection
- Copy the new selection. (CTRL + C)
- Press SHIFT + TAB, then press DOWN ARROW once.
- Press ENTER to paste.
- Select the current cell
- Type: =E8+1
- Double click on the small black square at the bottom right of your selection
- Select the original data and the new column
- Sort the data by the new column
- Delete the new column
Training Video on how to Insert Alternate Blank Lines in Excel: