61. Excel Tips - Last Friday of the month
Here's a tip for those of you who need to prepare end of month reports.
There's a way to calculate the last Friday of the month in Excel.
Here's how it looks in Excel:
So first, you enter a date.
- I have entered TODAY() as an Excel function.
Then the calculations do the following:
- Calculate the First Day of next month
- This says: Make a date out of: the year of our date the month of our date +1 (next month) day 1
- Weekday of First Day of next month
- The WEEKDAY formula returns 1 for Sunday, 2 for Monday etc..
- Last Saturday in this month
- =First Day of next month - Weekday of First Day of next month
- Last Friday in this month
- = Last Saturday in this month - 1
Odd, but it works.
Training Video on how to find the last Friday of The Month: