10. VBA Tips - Update Statusbar
This VBA tip is for people designing systems in Excel:
- You've written some code that takes a while to run
- You don't want your users to think nothing is happening
- This tip shows you how to update them on the code's progress
The example we will use is that of changing a cell's value from 1 to 1000.
Here's a screen shot of our data in Excel, and our VBA code:
- At the start of the code, we tell users we are "processing"
- We then enter a loop, and at each iteration we update where we are
- At the end of the code, we say that we've finished
- The updates appear on the statusbar which is under "sheet1" tab
Training Video on how to Update Statusbar in VBA: